CROWNS AT SENECA RIDGE Dental
Our same day Cerec crowns allows our patients to have a permanent solution to their oral health issue immediately.
Our same day Cerec crowns allows our patients to have a permanent solution to their oral health issue immediately. It also allows the patient to be free from any discomfort which can arise from wearing a temporary crown. The biggest advantage of Cerec crowns is that you can avoid the hassle of multiple visits!
1. An oral exam is performed and x-rays are taken so that Dr. Cappuccio can decide if a crown is needed
2. If it is determined that the best way to restore your tooth is a full coverage crown, Dr. Cappuccio generally will numb the tooth with local anesthetic, then prepare the tooth making optimal reductions for a lithium disilicate full coverage restoration.
3. Once the crown preparation is complete, the gingival tissues are retracted such that an accurate scan can be produced. The Cerec Omnicam (intraoral scanner) is used to capture the teeth of the upper jaw, lower jaw, and how the teeth come together. Once the model is produced, the final restoration or crown is designed on the CEREC computer, where ideal contours, proximal contacts, and occlusion are created.
4. Once the design is complete, a shade for the crown is selected and the ceramic block is loaded into the CEREC milling unit. It takes about 15 minutes for the crown to mill, and in some instances the material needs to be fired in a furnace for another 15 minutes. During the manufacture time, you can run an errand, read, use an iPad that is provided at the office, or simply relax in our comfy dental chair.
5. After the crown is manufactured, it is adjusted and cemented into the mouth. The entire procedure usually takes about an hour and is accomplished in a single visit.
Most insurance plans have coverage for crowns. Plans will cover 50-100 percent of the costs to you, which does often leave an out of pocket co-payment. If you don’t have insurance, Dr. Cappuccio is flexible with arranging payment options and can adjust the total fees to make the dentistry affordable. An advantage of crowns over veneers is that insurance companies do not consider this billing code a cosmetic code even though the final result is a highly esthetic all ceramic restoration.
The first step toward achieving a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. To schedule an appointment, please complete and submit the request form below. Our scheduling coordinator will contact you soon to confirm your appointment.
Please note this form is for requesting an appointment. If you need to cancel or reschedule an existing appointment, or if you require immediate attention, please contact our practice directly.
At Seneca Ridge Dental, we believe in providing West Seneca and the surrounding Buffalo, NY area with the best possible dental care using state of the art dental technology and modern best practices.
SENECA RIDGE DENTAL
Southtowns | 3626 Seneca St. West Seneca, NY 14224
Northtowns | 145 Belmont Ave. Suite 1 Buffalo, NY 14223
M: 8:30am - 5:00pm
T: 9:00am - 7:00pm
Wed: By Appointment Only
Th: 8:30am - 5pm
F: By Appointment Only